On Friday, 9/18 at 12:00 Noon Eastern time (11:00 AM Central time), the International Methods Colloquium will host a roundtable discussion on the job market for quantitative political scientists inside and outside of academia. The roundtable includes a collection of panelists with PhDs in Political Science who have pursued careers in a wide variety of areas. Our panelists are:
- Emily Ritter, Assistant Prof. of Political Science at UC Merced
- Jay Yonamine, Data Scientist at Google
- Nathan Danneman, Data Scientist at L-3 Data Tactics Corporation
- Susan Smelcer, student at NYU Law and formerly of the Congressional Research Service
- Michael Malecki, Product Manager at Crunch.io and Senior Analyst at YouGov
- Maryann Gallagher, Lecturer in the Dept. of International Affairs at the University of Georgia.
To register for the roundtable, or to tune in and participate in our discussion on the day of, click here:
The IMC uses GoToWebinar, which is free to use for listeners and works on PCs, Macs, and iOS and Android tablets and phones. You can be a part of the talk from anywhere around the world with access to the Internet. The panel and Q&A will last for a total of one hour.
I hope you will join us for what promises to be an informative discussion!